Woman, Infant & Children Nutrition Program (WIC)

What WIC Babyis WIC?

The Women, Infants and Children Nutrition Program (WIC) provides healthy foods and nutrition information to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants and children under five years of age healthy and strong.

Who is Eligible for WIC?

You may qualify if:
  • You live in Wisconsin
  • You are pregnant, breastfeeding or a new mother
  • You have an infant or children under 5 years of age
  • You have a household income that is less than or equal to WIC income guidelines. Many working families qualify.
  • You could be eligible for WIC if you currently receive Kinship Care, Food Stamps, or Medicaid, including Badgercare Plus.

How Does WIC Work?

The WIC staff cares about you and your children. They provide:
  • Nutrition and physical activity information for you and your family.
  • Breastfeeding education and support. (Breast pumps may be provided if there is a need for one and it is not provided through moms' medical insurance, Badgercare Plus or Medicaid.)
  • Checks to buy healthy foods
  • Tips on feeding your child(ren)
  • Help getting immunizations, car seats and lead screening for your child(ren)
  • Referrals to doctors, dentists, and programs like Food Stamps, Medicaid, BadgerCare Plus, and drug and alcohol counseling
  • Interpreters

How Do I Apply for WIC?

For more information, or to apply for Manitowoc WIC Program, call (920) 683-4526.  To locate the WIC program nearest you, call 1-800-722-2295. Mothers, fathers, legal guardians or foster parents may apply for WIC for their children.  

Location and Contact Information
Manitowoc County WIC Progam
1028 S 9th St
Manitowoc, WI  54220
Phone: (920) 683-4526
Fax: (920) 683-4156

    Office Hours:  Monday  8:30 AM - 430 PM,  Tuesday 8:30 AM  - 5 PM,
Wednesdays 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM, Thursday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM,  Friday by appointment only.


NONDISCRIMINATION STATEMENT: In accordance with Federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250- 9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Public Health is everywhere, working for you.

Mission: To Protect and Promote the Health of Manitowoc County in Partnership with our Community.

Vision: Better Choices, Better Health

1028 South 9th Street
Manitowoc, WI 54220
P: 920-683-4155
F: 920-683-4156

Monday 8:30 am to 5:00pm

Tuesday - Friday  8:30am to 4:30pm

After hours emergency call 920-683-4200

Contact Us

Some documents (PDF) on this web page require free Adobe Reader to view them. Click here to download the program.

MCHD does not accept credit or debit cards for payment of fees.